Saturday, July 19, 2008

Setting my sketch book on fire with charcoals

I got a box of pencils in the hopes of developing my drawing and sketching skills. However I did not realise that the box had more charcoal pencils then the B and HB pencils that I actually required. Anyways I inaugurated the set and created this drawing of the phoenix. Attempting to sketch post 2.5 years resulted in shaking hands trying to draw the lines across the page. The sketching was followd by shading and touch up's with the charcoal pencils and the fancy blending stick. This is the result:



The brightness of the lines and shades is owed to the charcoal pencils. I love the way it looks but don't like the residue that the charcoals leave on the paper.

Some of my friends know where else they can find this phoenix :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when was this done?? and where else can we find the phoenix??