Saturday, July 26, 2008

No love like this love...

This painting of Radha and Krishna on the swing was inspired from a calendar (again!). This oil and canvas took me over a year to complete (in between work and classes). More than the main characters of this painting, I was drawn to the cheery back ground with its doves, parrots, peacocks and swans looking upon or up at Lord Krishna and Radha. I enjoyed every minute I spent trying to recreate the magic moment between Lord Krishna and his lady love.


5 comments:

anantha said...

Nice work! :)

Anonymous said...

heyyyyyyyy how beautiful, u really rock man am at a loss for words:)

Reflections said...

Its lovely.....cant even begin to imagine the amount of work u must put into this painting:-o.
U got it framed????

It brought back a particular memory.....At one point in time I used to teach graphics at a multimedia setup & there one of my students had attempted an elaborate painting like this...he took a lot of time but the end result was gorgeous:-).

Anonymous said...

OMG, Shweta, you are absolutely talented. I loved this, one, because I always have a soft-corner for this divine couple. And two, because you have captured the details so very beautifully. This seems more like a photo taken rather than a painting. Amazing! Please, can I have an autographed copy?
- http://writerzblock.wordpress.com/

SR said...

Wow! Nobody has ever asked me for an autographed copy before :) I should see how can i get that for you