Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tulip March

This is my first completed piece for the new year (though I started this one in 09). is oil on canvas and I decided to call this one "Tulip March" as it seemed like the smaller tulips were following their leader. Either that or the big tulip is baby sitting the smaller tulips! I got adventurous and even used the back of my brush (instead of the bristles) to do some of the leaves. I am thinking of doing more tulips.. they are bright and cheerful and come in many colors! . I hope to complete paintings this year...

9 comments:

Smita said...

The colors are so vibrant!!! Lovely :)

SR said...

Thanks Smitha :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors! And (please don't take this wrong, not meant to be critical) because the tulips are so high on the canvas, they look like giant tulips! Beautiful!

SR said...

Thanks for visiting Raena! I see what you mean :) Of late I have been attracted so much towards doing a lot of flowers - they tend to brighten the mood and the place...

Lynn said...

Welcome to the EDM group! Your tulips are lovely. I like the angle of the drawing - it's very creative!

SR said...

Lynn, thanks for stopping by! Thank you for your encouraging words.

Lesley Purcell said...

Your paintings are lovely and vibrant. I envy your skill with oils, I have tried them but can't seem to control them!! End up with moere on me than on the canvas...

I look forward to seeing more of your work :o)

Patty Ruthe said...

My tulips always look so horrible. Yours are rich and vibrant and have a nice form.

SR said...

Thanks Patty! To be honest I had my doubts half way through painting the tulips..wasn't too sure if they would come out well..