Sunday, January 24, 2010

R u feeling "Lucky"?

I definitely do!! Lucky is my little black kitty. He was rescued by a co-worker and she got him into work as she was trying to find a home for him. He came home with me that day and has been there since. Lucky is a is a mischievous little black / brown kitty with little tufts of white and makes me laugh each day and is a special member of the family. In fact he tried helping me while I was doing this painting (in his own little way of course). He tried holding the brush, sitting on my lap and I even caught him staring at the painting a few times....I was skeptical about doing a painting of him as I have never painted animals before..Finally I took the plunge and this is the result. This is oil on gesso board, again a first. I plan to paint more animals in the future...


21 comments:

Dee said...

This is great. What a little sweetheart, and soooo helpful, of course. He has the most beautiful eyes.

nanke's stuff said...

Very nicely done,especially for your first animal painting! I'm impressed and I'm sure Lucky is too! nancy

Anonymous said...

Very nice! You did a great job... maybe one day I'll get the courage to paint my black kitties - but drawing them is enough of a challenge for me now.

SR said...

Thank you all for your encouraging words...

Melinda said...

Wonderful! It seems like Lucky might meow any minute! :)

Janet Ghio said...

Your cat is really good!

Alissa said...

This is a lovely painting - I have heard a lot about cats and how very helpful they are when you are trying to draw or paint them. I llok forward to your future postings

Josephine said...

I love your painting .. you have caught your little cat's essence.. fabulous!

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

I love Lucky! You've really captured a special personality. And yes, more animal paintings!

Sandra said...

You did a great job! Sounds like the love is shared.

Alex said...

Beautiful drawn eyes! ^^ We have a wild cat here that looks almost like him. We're calling him/her Blade, still trying really hard to get it tamed.

Ramona Davidson said...

Great picture you produced of him. You really captured his personality.

Unknown said...

You've done a great job on this! And black is notoriously difficult to do!

Anonymous said...

so cute:)

Subhashree said...

Wonderful. He looks lovely. So now you have a pet? That's great :D

donna said...

Wow, this is your first attempt? Yes, please do more. Wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Shawna....

I was with the co-worker (my sister) when she picked Luckey up from the vets after beginning rescued. He truly is a LUCKEY cat!

Great painting!

SR said...

Thank you all once again! I will definitely let Lucky know... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! So much talent!!

Ellen said...

He's beautiful! I have a soft spot in my heart for black cats. My favorite, Beany lived to be 18 and was a solid black beauty. Miss him like crazy. You did a great job!

the blogger formerly known as sansmerci said...

hey..jus left u an award at my blog.. pls come n collect it :)