Sunday, February 15, 2009

Une jolie fleur pour la belle dame



My second real water color painting attempt. I should say it went better than my first one. After all the reading up on water color techniques this is what I came up with. I also tried a collage like technique to present the painting by superimposing my painting on a plain white sheet. Fancy eh??Being more of an oil colors persons, I just don't understand these water colors! They seem pretty complicated to me. But being a watercolor neophyte I am trying to understand the mystery behind these colors.


On a different note, I would like to dedicate this one to the person who is always the first one to take a look at my posts on this blog and comment. She is getting married later this week and I thought this would be the best gift from me!


Swarna, wish you a happy married life!

7 comments:

sansmerci said...

thanks a millionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn this is like a big big surprise to me early morn as soon as i wake up... u made my day and that rose looks jus perrrrrrrfect! lovely! i treasure such gifts than the materialistic ones.. u jus filled my heart :)... thanks again!

Keep tryin ur hands on water colors...its really nice

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so beautiful.

Subhashree said...

Shwets, absolutely stunning. Second attempt? Not bad. Too good.

Subhashree said...

Hey, sorry to have missed your birthday. Belated birthday wishes. Hope you had a good time.

Subhashree said...

Whats up? Why no updates? Very busy?

Srivalli said...

Thats a beautiful art...enjoyed going through other paintings too..

SR said...

Thanks Srivalli for stopping by :) I still navigating your amazing food sites.