Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Ballerina

Finally my first piece of art for the year! I managed to go above and beyond my lazy phases and started working on this sketch. I have never sketched human figures before. I have painted loads of them but never really ventured to sketch them. I decided to do a ballerina after recalling the ballet performance that I was a part of at school. At the end of the training and performance I ended up with a ligament tear! That probably explains why this sketch is not as good... This is my first attempt at doing a stick figure. The details are minimal and the sketch has been kept as simple as possible.



5 comments:

Subhashree said...

Looks decent for a first attempt. I like the expression and hands and legs, except that the posture looks slightly like a leaning tower of Pisa. No?

SR said...

yeah I agree! Its as if she is ready to do a cartwheel! Not one of my best but ya my first attempt at sketching human figures...

sansmerci said...

good one..keep posting more work.. don b lazy!

SR said...

haha! yes mam! but its hard not 2 be lazy :p

Renu said...

I love it..lovely gymnast or ballerina.

Earlier your blog was not opening, dont know why:(

You have been tagged>