Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lord Ganesha - Chubby and Fabulous!

I wish I had sketched this much earlier. This is my first sketch of India's most loved God. In the past I have done two paintings starring him. He was the first God I caught on canvas!Almost everyone I know love him and he seems to pop out everywhere; in the form of beautiful statues, cute curios, key chains etc., I sketched this Ganesh during the week of Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations. What I liked about the original was that it was not the run of the mill picture of the chubby God. Lord Ganesh has also gone cool with the times and I hope I can celebrate the occasion with more grandeur next year. Ganapathi Bappa Moriya!


4 comments:

sansmerci said...

cute sketch :)

SR said...

Thanks Swarna..

sansmerci said...

now check my blog ...i gota surprise for you .. :)

Benaam Badnaam said...

scrolled down thru ure sketches nice...i'm sure ganesha would've felt happy...the most ecological way of praising him :)